BTW Rules of Participation:
Student must attend and complete all 6 hours of BTW training with a Department of Transportation certified instructor.
Students must wear covered rubber soled shoes with heels no taller than 1 inch, have their learners permit,
hair to be managed so as to not impair vision or interfere with safe operation of the vehicle.
Cancellations much be called 24 hours prior to scheduled BTW drive time.
BTW lessons are non-transferable.
Students must complete the State D.O.T. Requirement of 40 Daylight hours of practice, and 10 night driving hours with a licensed driver over the age of 21. Upon completion, the record needs to be notarized and returned to the BTW instructor to receive the BTW certificate.
Please help your teens to practice safe and legal traffic laws, this will help them become safer drivers without bad habits.
* stopping properly behind stop lines
* turning into proper closest lanes
* signaling properly (100 feet prior to lane changing and turning)
* "California" or "Hollywood" Stops on a Red light.
Evaluation and Grading:
1. Department of Transportation (Act 175) states:
"All modules consist of concepts that are structured and presented in simple to complex building blocks. A student cannot progress to the next module of instruction until the student reaches a certain level of proficiency."
2. Students will be graded on their performance and understanding the In-class instructions and the safe operation of the motor vehicle.
Grading will be:
(OK)or (GOOD) Indicates that the basic level of proficiency was attained.
(NP) Indicates that the exercise was not performed.
(MP)Indicates that the student needs more practice.